Thursday, November 12, 2009

next time you think you are perfect .....

i was walking out from my church last week when a car (or was it a van?) passed by
behind that car, i saw a sticker that says

next time you think you are perfect, try walking on water

a very well written sentence that I'll remember for a very long time (until my brain cell start to fail me)
i guess the sentence stuck with me because I know that I have the tendency to become arrogant. by God's blessing I grow up in a very loving family and has always had relatively easy live, especially with my study and with my work (yes, there were times that I cried and feel that I'm the most pitiful person in the world, but when my brain and my heart is functioning properly I always know that I'm blessed).

when I manage to do something well I'll feel happy, proud and grateful. which is ok (God wants us to be happy). but the problem comes when (once in a while) I overdo it and I change from being proud to being arrogant. and unconsciously I start to feel grateful about my talent, not being grateful for the Giver of the talent

thank God that until now, he always send people that care enough to remind me when I'm being arrogant or too selfish. reminding me that I'm not perfect

Lord, I know I will never be perfect, for perfection is not what you've asked from your children
teach me to accept this and to be faithful to your will in my life

No comments: